Circulation Policies

Most visits to the library include a stop at the Circulation Desk. Come here to:

  • Get a library card
  • Borrow, return or renew items
  • Pick up reserves
  • Pay for lost items
  • Ask for directions


There is no charge for a library card. Come to the library with identification showing your name and current address. A photo ID is best. Norwood High School students may use a school ID. Children through grade 8 need a parent or guardian’s signature and ID. If you work in Norwood bring a pay stub. If you have a card from another Minuteman Library you can use it at Norwood. If you lose your library card you will charged $1.00 to replace it. A lost card should be reported to the Circulation Department immediately so that you will not be responsible for items you did not check out.


A PIN (Personal Identification Number) will let you check your library account on the web 24 hours a day, see what you have checked out and when it is due, renew items and place requests. You can set your own PIN on the Minuteman website if you have a library card. If you forget your PIN you must come to the Circulation Department to have it removed so you can select another PIN. PINs cannot be changed over the phone or by email.


We welcome your requests. You can request an item by filling out a slip at the Circulation, Children’s, or Reference Desk, by calling the library, or by finding the item in the Minuteman catalog. To reserve using the catalog you need your library card and a PIN. Ask if you need help. If you decide you do not need an item you have requested you must cancel your request before it arrives. A $.50 fee is assessed for requests that are not picked up.

Comments are closed.