Search Our Site
Search the Catalog
Category Archives: Nooks
Information sessions on the Kindle eBooks available through the library’s catalog will be held at 10:00, 10:30 and 11:00 am and 7:00, 7:30 and 8:00 pm on Wednesday, October 12. You must register for one of the sessions and bring a Kindle or a device that can download the Kindle app. We will show you how to download a Kindle eBook from the Minuteman Digital Media catalog. Please download the app to your computer, iPad, iTouch or mobile device in advance of the session. Visit the Kindle eBooks Basics Help on this link or watch this video tutorial
Kindle books are now available from the Minuteman Digital Media catalog!
To download Kindle titles to your Kindle device or app, download or view the pdf by clicking on this link: Kindle Tutorial or watch a 4-minute video describing the process on YouTube. (Thanks to the OverDrive Digital Library Blog.) (more…)
Recently, the Massachusetts Library System created a handout explaining the various places you can find e-books in the public domain – eBooks old enough to no longer be subject to copyright restrictions, and therefore free and available for use! Check out a summary of all the great places (besides, of course, Overdrive) where you can read and/or download books online after the break.
Download free AudioBooks and eBooks using Overdrive, a new service offered through the Minuteman Library Network. Overdrive offers access to lots of great content, and is accessible using your Minuteman Library Card barcode number, and your self-selected pin. Many titles offered through Overdrive can be transferred to your iPod, Zune, or other mobile device, burned onto CDs, or read on your Sony eReader or Barnes and Noble Nook.
Using Overdrive is simple:
- Download the Overdrive Media Console to your computer
- For Adobe PDF or ePub books download Adobe Digital Editions
- Go to the Minuteman Overdrive Catalog
- Log in using your library barcode number, nad your self-selected pin
- Search for the content you would like
- Add selections to your ‘Cart’
- If the title is available click ‘Proceed to Checkout’
- Click the ‘Download’ button and Overdrive Media Console will launch
- Once downloaded, most titles can be transferred to a variety of devices
Still have questions? Call (781) 769-0200 x110 and ask a reference librarian!