A library card is quick and easy to get, and gives you access to books, CDs, DVDs, magazines, and online resources. You just need to show us an ID, and proof of your Massachusetts address, or employment in Norwood. There is no waiting period for a library card and it is free.
To register for a library card online, click here. This will give you a temporary library card number.
Your temporary number allows you to:
- Login to My Account and establish a PIN.
- Use state-provided online research databases within Massachusetts only.
- Place up to 5 requests on Books, DVDs, CDs, etc. in the Minuteman Catalog.
- Use our Digital Catalog.
How to complete the registration:
- Pick up your full service library card at the library
- After 30 days, temporary accounts, including item requests, are deleted.
- Please mention that you have already registered for a temporary card and bring your temporary library number or a copy of the confirmation email (printed or on your mobile device).
- When you pick up your card you must present a photo ID and proof of address.
- Proof of address can be a driver’s license, postmarked mail, a car registration, or a Norwood High School ID.
You may also fill out this form and bring it to library or just drop by! Remember to bring your ID and proof of address with you when you come in.
Your Morrill Memorial Library card:
- gives you access to the Minuteman Library Network
- allows you to reserve and renew items in person, by phone, or online
- lets you borrow most books, audio books, CDs, DVDs, and magazines
- gives you access to Morrill Memorial Library public computers
- gets you passes for free or reduced admission to many area museums
Your use of the Morrill Memorial Library is private and confidential, as stated in Massachusetts General Laws, Chapter 78, Section 7. We do not share information about library patrons with any outside organization or government agency.