Overdrive eBooks can be transferred from a computer (Windows or Macintosh) to an eBook Reader using Adobe Digital Editions. Baffeled by how to get your items from your computer to your digital reading device? Follow this step-by-step guide!
Step 1: Install Software
1. Adobe Digital Editions: www.adobe.com/products/digitaleditions
2. Required Software for Your Device (Ex. Sony Readers require ‘Reader Library Software’)
Step 2: Authorize Software
1. Open Adobe Digital Editions
The ‘Setup Assistant’ dialog box is displayed.
2. Click ‘Continue’
The ‘Activation’ screen is displayed
3. Under ‘Authorize Computer’ enter the e-mail address and password for your Adobe ID.
If you do not have an Adobe ID click ‘get an Adobe ID Online.’
- Follow the instructions to sign up for an Adobe ID.
- Return to the Activation screen.
- Enter the e-mail account and password for your Adobe account.
4. Click ‘Activate
5. Click ‘Finish’ to closed the ‘Setup Assistant’ dialog box.
Step 3: Visit Your Library’s Virtual Branch
1. Browse for a title.
2. Check out with your borrower information.
3. Download the title
Transfer to your eBook Reader
1. When you download your title, Adobe Digital Editions opens automatically
2. Connect the eBook reader to your computer, and follow the prompts to authorize your device. Use the same ID as entered in Step 2. When this is complete a link for your reader should appear under ‘Bookshelves.’
3. Drag and drop the Adobe eBook to your eBook reader (under ‘Bookshelves’).
4. When the transfer is complete, disconnect your eBook reader and enjoy!